Thursday, January 24, 2008

Latrice's Resignation

It's difficult for me to write this. I've been coordinating the Independencia trips for about 3 years. When I took on the job, I did it knowing that I did not really have the gifts the job required. For the most part, I'm not known for my organizational skills, and I tend to procrastinate at times, always leading to getting myself into hot water. Having recently gone from part time work to full time, it's been difficult to find the necessary time in the last two weeks prior to each trip to get everything done. I've been very blessed to have gotten so much loving support from the Independencia leadership team, especially from Hugh Robinson and Thom Nitta. Without their caring support, I would not have made it for even one year, much less three years. They are two remarkable Christian brothers and I love them both dearly. My decision to resign did not come easily, nor was it a decision made without much soul searching and prayer. If it weren't for the last issue that I'm going to share with you, I probably would have continued to be heavily involved in this ministry. Alan and I believe in what is being done on these trips for these Mexican brothers and sisters. The ministry has so much potential with more of the right people involved. I've been praying for the Lord to send someone to fill my position that has a passion for ministry and reaching others for Christ. I pray that he or she will have a burning drive to grow the ministry to its full potential. I will continue to pray for all aspects and all of you who will continue after I have gone.
As some of you know, I have a medical condition that causes me to have chronic pain in my back, left hip and leg. I take heavy duty medication on a daily basis to enable me to continue to do those things that I must do, such as work. The Mexico trips are very hard for me. The combination of being on my feet the entire day and the long and rough bus ride, it takes 2-3 days for my pain to return to baseline. There have been times when I have been unable to work the following Monday because of extreme pain. It has gotten worse as I have gotten older, and has reached the point where I cannot continue to make the trips.
Alan and I love all of you very much. Working with all the different people we have met through the years has been a great experience. I hope all of you will continue to go down to Independencia. There is a job that God has for everyone of you to do in that village. Alan and I will continue to pray for the ministry and to support it in other ways. We will definitely miss the trips and the many friends we've made along the way.
At some point in time, there will be a posting to let you know who to contact regarding future trip registration, with the next planned trip occuring in March.
I asked all of you to accept my explanation for leaving as I have laid it out. I know from past experiences, that people sometimes think that there is more to a person's departure from ministry than the reasons given. I asked you not to indulge in theses kinds of ruminations. It is as I have told you, and there is no relational conflict, no difference of opinion or hard feelings involved in my decision to resign. I have nothing but good things to say about everyone I have worked with in these last three years, and I will miss everyone of you. Take care and God bless. Latrice (and Alan)

No comments: